Saturday, August 15, 2015

FLASHBACK JOURNAL: FISHING WITH BOZEMAN REEL COMPANY 2014

Looking through some of my favorite trips last year, and this has got to be one of the best.  Hogs weren't slain by any means, it was more of a lifelong goal to fly fish in Montana.  I finally had an excuse to make the trip because my cousin was getting hitched, and I actually had some money saved.  When opportunity meets preparation they say...    I knew one other person in Bozeman, besides my cousin and her fiance (who skis and doesn't fish) and she was packing her UHAUL to move to Bend where I just flew from.  So that didn't work out too well for finding someone local to show you around the waters. 

Before I left Oregon I started reaching out to a few folks from the area via Instagram to see if they'd be into meeting up snapping some photos and fishing some fish.  Dan from Bozeman Reel Company said he was up for a session and we made it happen.   I was lucky enough to be guided through the darkly stained waters of the swollen East Gallatin River by Dan and Eddy, we had a great time of fishing and bushwhacking. Even though the water was a few weeks from being clear we still managed to bring a few fish to hand.  

Thanks guys for the adventure and opportunity to photograph you doing what you love.  I'll be back soon.


No comments:

 
Site Meter