Thursday, July 23, 2015

Pyramid Lake. The Edge of the Desert

There's a Hunter S. Thompson quote about "being on the edge of the desert"... I'm not 100% sure how the quote ended, but I'm sure it was a good time.   This was my first trip deep into Nevada as a fisherman and photographer, I've only explored the California side of the 395 corridor enjoying the high desert and what it had to offer until recently.  When I first heard about a lake where folks stood elbow to elbow combat fishing on ladders I wasn't that tempted to give it a go.  Not that tempted, that is, until I saw the results.    We had the unfortunate luck of pleasant weather, which is not what we want apparently.  But with that came no combat crowds, no combat camping and no combat fishing.  Just us and the desert lake called Pyramid. 


fin.




No comments:

 
Site Meter